Saturday, January 9, 2010

Make It Fast, Cook It Slow: The Big Book of Everyday Slow Cooking

by Stephanie O'Dea

Thumbs Up!

In 2008, O'Dea challenged herself to make a new crockpot recipe everyday for a year, and then to blog about it.  I discovered that blog about halfway through the year, and looked forward to each new recipe.  While some of the recipes weren't that different than one I already used, I appreciated the fact that she was willing to try a large variety of dishes.  There are appetizers, soups, side dishes, main dishes, desserts, fun stuff and more.  Oh, and they're gluten free.

This cookbook is mainly a compilation of recipes from her blog.  I had run off copies of many of those recipes already.  But, er, I'm not exactly the most organized person in the world.  For me, it's worth the convenience of  having the recipes all together in one book.  But, it's also nice to know that you can check out the recipes ahead of time and decide if it's worth it to spend the money on the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment