Friday, April 16, 2010

Dr. Seuss's ABC An Amazing Alphabet

by Dr. Seuss

Thumbs up.

Yes, I loved this book when my first several kids were young and I still had time and energy to read the same books over and over and over again to my kids.

But here's something cool. I just found a minimally animated video of Dr. Seuss's ABC on youTube.

At some point, Random House created a set of videos to go along with several of the Dr. Seuss books. I don't know how or where they were circulated; I don't ever remember having seen any of them. Apparently they are out of circulation at this time.

But now an ambition fan has put them on youTube for the viewing pleasure of others. They seem to be about 10 minute videos and don't seem to take too long to download. We also watched Mr. Brown Can Moo, Can You?

I thought the ABC one worthy of mention, since it would work well for a busy homeschool mom as a short educational interlude, to keep a toddler busy while Mom teaches a math or grammar lesson, or gets dinner on, a load of wash in, or has a cup of tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment